Saturday, February 8, 2014

Tracing the problem

This week has been no walk in the park!  I am a little ashamed to say that I was having some trouble understanding basic concepts in this course, like tracing.  At times, I would simply stare at the slides during lectures, trying to comprehend what is being said.

It has been a milestone for me to actually seek help this week, mostly because I tend to like doing things on my own.  I headed over to the Help Centre after trying to spin my head around an example we did in class, and I am glad I did.  As it turns out, tracing in recursion is not very different from the tracing we used to do in CSC108, and as the TA pointed, practice helps in this case.  I have spent the entire weekend, without exaggeration, working on various examples some of which were covered in class, and some new ones I found online.  In all honesty, I have had so much practice that I can proudly say that tracing has become almost second nature to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment